Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Tracy Half Marathon!

I just found out today about a half marathon taking place in Tracy, right off of Naglee, in May.  I'm really excited because, even though I'm not a very athletic person, I enjoy the challenge of doing a half marathon and I think I'm going to have to sign up. 

I'll post more info as I get it, but for now, here's the link: tracyhalf.com
It's on Sunday, May 20th.  Prices are reasonable for a half marathon - $60 - considering I usually see prices around $100 for halfs.  And it's right in our backyard.

If you've never done a half marathon - or even a 5k, which is also being offered - I really recommend it.  It is a great way to motivate yourself to exercise because, if you've signed up, you know that you'd better train for it, or you will not be happy with yourself.  If you don't do the race, you spent all that money for nothing. If you do the race and quit in the middle because you're too tired, you always feel guilty about it.  And if you do the whole race without training beforehand, you will be in a LOT of pain. 

I did my first half marathon in 2009 and I never thought I could do it.  But I trained (not enough) and I did it, in less time than I expected to, and I was so amazed with myself.  I wish everyone could have that feeling.  My goal for this race will be to beat my personal best time, and that gives me even more reason to train. 

Hope to see you out there training and at the race!

3 comments:

  1. You should also do the Paleo diet, I hear it's amazing. I'm totes adding linking your blog to mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, my dear. Please do. (I'll ignore the comment about the Paleo diet.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just got an email today from Reinke that this event is cancelled - typical Reinke rip-off.

    ReplyDelete