Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Activities at Sycamore Grove Park

Sycamore Grove Park is one of my favorite places in Livermore.  I love its history and beauty.  If you ever get a chance to take a class about the history of the park and Olivina, I highly recommend it. 

Every month Sycamore Grove park releases a newsletter which includes a number of activities, led by park rangers, who teach you about the habitat and tell stories about the park.  Most are family-friendly and free. 

Here's the link to their newsletter for your enjoyment: http://www.larpd.dst.ca.us/open_space/vw_archives.html

I imagine my sister will make me join her for the Winter Owls program on January 29th, but the Bright Winter Stars program on January 14th looks fun, as well.

LARPD's website is also a great resource for community events and classes in Livermore.  My family and I have taken several classes through their recreation department, including an olive picking and curing class, which is where I learned about Olivina and Sycamore Grove Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment