Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Bargain Alert: Eco Friendly Bathroom and Window Cleaners - Costco

On Saturday, I was at Costco in Tracy, and I saw a great deal for ATTITUDE Certified Eco Friendly Bathroom and Window Cleaners.  It was $2.97 for a spray bottle and 1 gallon refill.  On the shelves next to these bottles was were equal-sized bottles of PineSol, which were $10 each.  So, I couldn't resist - I bought two sets of the bathroom cleaners.  I tested it out on my shower, which picks up a lot of soap scum, and it worked pretty well.  They were almost out of the bathroom cleaners when I was there, but they had plenty of window cleaner left.  I'm not sure if this item is being sold at other stores, or if it's at the same price.










On a side note, I really wish I could buy eco-friendly and organic products all the time, but I just can't afford to.  So, whenever possible, I do, or I buy the most eco-friendly items that I can afford.  Costco is actually a great place for good deals on some green products.  We try to buy their recycled paper towels and toilet paper, as well as some of the Kirkland brand green(er) cleaners.  Prices for these products are often comparable, if not cheaper than their traditional Kirkland brand items.  And even when it ends up being a little bit more, I can justify buying it anyway because it helps me feel better about my impact on the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment